Christian Aid (CA) Recruitment 2020 | Job Requirements and Guide For Food, Security & Livelihood Project Officer
Christian Aid Recruitment 2020 – Christian Aid (CA) is now seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced Nigerians to fill the Job vacancies below; Please Note that the recruitment guidelines, qualifications, requirements, and other relevant updates will be posted here free.
We are recruiting to fill the following job position below:
JOB DESCRIPTION For Christian Aid (CA) Recruitment 2020
Christian Aid (CA) is seeking to employ suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Food, Security & Livelihood Project Officer.
The Position is based in Nigeria.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to: Senior Program Coordinator
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 5 months
Role purpose for Christian aid recruitment 2020
- The FSL Project Officer will be responsible for the planning and implementation of the livelihood activities on the Christian Aid WFP Project.
- The officer will also be responsible for the smooth running of the component in compliance with program deliverables.
Role context for Personnel
- The role is in the Food security and livelihood program family.
- The role is key in developing, and implementing programs strategy across a country program, region and division, whilst supporting on partner portfolio projects.
- The role is key in developing and implementing program strategy across a country, region or division, whilst leading on partner portfolio projects.
- The role also works with a team who recommend projects to partners and engage in Christian Humanitarian response.
- The role ensures Christian Aid is represented appropriately and positive relationships are developed thorough the Food security and livelihood work that this role is involved in.
- Under the direct supervision of the Food Security and Livelihood Coordinator and in collaboration with the field officer and other team members of the project and of the base, the Livelihood Officer will:
- Plan and implement the Livelihood activities in all program locations
- Conduct community meetings to identify livelihood preferences of the communities of implementation.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other NGOs, INGOs and Government institutions in relation to livelihood implementation
- Provide technical input on Christian Aid livelihoods programs
- Ensure all livelihoods activities are in line with government strategy
- Conduct surveys, needs assessment, data and information collection as and when required for the ongoing program.
- Participate in NGO and INGO meetings and represent Christian Aid as requested in coordination forums related to Livelihoods.
- Ensure liaison with existing community structures, (groups and individuals, women groups, religious leaders where possible
- Ensure timely submission of weekly reports and monthly reports to M&E Coordinator for compilation and final report to WFP Project Manager.
Role Requirements for Christian Aid Recruitment 2020
- External: Build strong relationships with partners, networks, donors, stakeholders, and community beneficiaries.
- Internal: Build a strong relationship with program departments, FSL/WASH Staff, MEAL officers, program managers, M&E units and all in-country and global staff.
- Make decisions in order to manage a team effectively, from recruitment of volunteers and program staff to day to day management of team members.
- Also providing technical input and overall leadership to WASH/Food security and livelihood team.
- Day to day decision to ensure partner portfolio projects are running effectively and higher levels decisions on supporting the projects informed by Christian Aid’s strategy and strategic focus areas.
- Makes decisions around project proposals, ensuring they are prepared and comply with reporting requirements.
- Make policy decisions that support standing and emergency issues.
- Contribute to shaping and implementing WASH/FSL strategy, making sound decisions to support this.
- Works on complex specialist/ technical issues. Problems and issues, risks and benefits may have implications across a number of departments.
- Required to develop new ways of doing things to better meet program goals requiring substantial creative or analytical ability.
Developing self and others:
- Has direct responsibility for developing, coaching and motivating a team or teams of colleagues/project team members. Focus will be on advising and guiding senior management on policy issues/high level procedures and direct line management responsibility may be limited.
Applied skills/knowledge and expertise:
- The post holder should have a first degree in social sciences or BSC with 2-3 years’ experience of working in humanitarian response with local and/international partner organizations.
- Strong positive attitude and ability to manage a wide range of issues of complicated procedures, indicated by 2-3 years of learning period.
- Effective communication skills
- Be proficient in the use of computer software (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Have the capacity to be flexible and supervise and coach community workers.
- Excellent coordination skills, good understanding of principles of effective planning, appropriate time management
- Strong report writing skills.
- At least a 3 years humanitarian response experience in WASH/FSL programming.
- Familiar FSL context in the northeast Nigeria.
- Ability to communicate fluently in Hausa and English language.
- IT competency required Intermediate.
LEVEL 2: You are expected to be able to:
- Take on different work when necessary to achieve a team or organizational goal.
- Actively consult with others to ensure you understand their needs or goals.
- Listen to and take on board fresh perspectives and views even if you initially disagree with them.
- Maintain on-going relationships with individuals and contacts through networks, based on mutual rapport and respect.
- Make complex things simple for the benefit of others.
- Actively listen and question to check your understanding and draw out others when they are not expressing themselves clearly or seem to be holding back.
- Be sensitive to what others may be feeling, based on what they say, how they say it and their non-verbal behavior, adapting your style and approach to fit.
- Address difficult issues when they arise, being honest and open.
- Implement ways to reduce the inefficient use of resources or pass the ideas on to someone who can make them happen.
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve your own work plans or objectives and to deliver them in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Set and communicate realistic timelines for achieving tasks, working out how best to adapt as priorities change or unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Prioritise, plan and monitor own work to meet own and team deliverables to agreed performance or quality standards.
- Acknowledge others’ priorities whilst being prepared to say “no” if there are genuine reasons why their needs cannot be met.
- Use logical processes and relevant tools and techniques to report on information or analyse options.
- Make timely and considered recommendations or decisions based on analysis of available data, information and evidence.
- Evaluate your own work and actively address gaps in knowledge and skills, without prompting.
- Recognize how you react to feedback and manage reactions positively, acting on specific feedback from others.
- Share your knowledge where it will help others to be more effective.
- Provide instruction, constructive feedback and guidance to others to help them learn.
Strive for improvement:
- Constructively challenge existing practice.
- Seek better ways of doing things, taking into account the possible implications.
- Make positive suggestions on a way forward when faced with challenges even if these fall outside their own scope of work.
- Look inside and outside Christian Aid for new ideas and evaluate them for own work.
How To Apply
Click here to apply now for Christian aid recruitment 2020
If you want us to provide you with more updates and information about Christian Aid (CA) Recruitment 2020, kindly provide us with your Phone number and Email Address in the comment section below. Don’t forget to visit this site www.firstcalljob.com.ng for your latest job update…..we will Update you regularly. We conclude you have benefited from this article if yes, please use our share button below to inform your friends and relatives about this article via Facebook, Whatsapp or Twitter. God bless you as you do so.
Other Available Jobs
- Sterling Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 | Job Application Requirements and Guide
- P-YES Registration 2020 – Application Form Portal p-yes.gov.ng
- Nigerian Stock Exchange Recruitment 2020 | Apply Now